PROCESS SYSTEMS & EQUIPMENT
Main research areas:
- Maintain and improve the performance, reliability and maintenance of the Process Systems and Equipment (SP&E);
- Development of Process Systems and Equipment projects with functions of nuclear safety;
- Software development to improve the operation performance of Cernavoda NPP;
- Reaching and expanding the lifetime operation (LTO) of Cernavoda NPP;
- Studies and support analysis for fulfilling the requirements included in the EC Norms and the Authorization requirements for the Cernavoda NPP Unit;
- Studies and support analysis for the Generation III/IV Cernavoda NPP Unit.
Main research results:
- Completing the hardware and software project for the SLCD Control System intended for Unit 3 Cernavoda NPP;
- Software development based on the noise analysis to describe the active zones of the CANDU reactor;
- Solutions regarding the adaptation and asimilation of the EU standards referring to the design and operation of NPPs in Romania;
- Development and integration of some experimental facilities for surface engineering with applicability to the integrity and reliability of NPP structures and components;
- Detection and localization method of the primary coolant leakages due to the break/ cracking of inferior feeders of the CANDU reactor - U1/U2;
- Development of the infrastructure and expertise capacity to predict the lifetime of Cernavoda NPP components.
Contact: Oana RUSU; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org