APPLICATIONS OF NUCLEAR TECHNIQUES
Main research areas:
- Methods of protection against corrosion (the issue of corrosion inhibitors, coatings):
- The influence of specific groups types from molecules of organic inhibitors on their efficiency;
- The action mechanism of amine type inhibitors present in the dismissing solutions in protecting carbon steel;
- Corrosion management of carbon steel components during their chemical cleaning in solutions which contain various types of corrosion inhibitors;
- Correlation of the corrosion inhibitors efficiency with the length and the radicals structure related to amino grouping;
- Methods to select the types and concentrations of corrosion inhibitors used in solutions of the carbon steel;
- The action mechanism of the inhibitors used in the brass cleaning solutions.
- Development of methods for the characterization of advanced materials, the processes characterization, obtaining carbon structures with controlled properties:
- Methods development for the characterization of materials with special properties obtained through controlled changing of the superficial structure;
- Development of a System for the "smart manufacture" of the carbon superficial structures with special properties, through electrochemical techniques.
- Techniques for obtaining the extremely tough carbon movies resistant to corrosion for the industrial field:
- Assessment of the materials testing capability with deposits of carbon movies to different types of corrosion;
- Comparative study of deposition techniques of slim carbon movies with controlled properties for applications in the industrial field.
Main research results:
- Studies, methods and works:
- The action mechanism of inhibitors used in the brass cleaning solutions;
- Selection of types of inhibitors for the carbon steel passivation disposed;
- The action mechanisms of the inhibitors used in carbon steel passivation solutions;
- The use of cathode protection (CP) in NPP with an emphasis on the types of equipment that are suitable for this type of protection;
- The main parameters of cathode protection and types of materials used as soluble anodes;
- Promoting the research on radiation protection in the medical field;
- Characterization methods of advanced materials and processes for obtaining them;
- Development of technologies for obtaining the advanced materials through electrochemical techniques;
- Techniques for obtaining the extremely tough carbon movies resistant to corrosion for the industrial field.
Contact: Mihai STOICA; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org