HEAVY WATER AND TRITIUM
Main research areas:
- Increasing the safety in the operation of the heavy water production devices and increasing the work security to their operation;
- Increasing the reliability of the heavy water production facilities through the GS technology;
- Nuclear safety of the detritiation facilities;
- Increasing the efficiency of the heavy water production through the GS technology ;
- Storing hydrogen and tritium.
Main research results:
- Establishing the behavior of structural materials used in the heavy water production devices, materials which have been subject to the environmental action of water - hydrogen sulfide during different periods of time and operating conditions;
- Metal hydride behavior during heat cycle, in hydrogen atmosphere;
- Theoretical and experimental studies on storage vessels for metal hydride. Investigations of heat transfer in storage vessels;
- Kinetics and mechanism of absorption/desorption of hydrogen in metal hydrides;
- Kinetic and calorimetric investigations on the process of hydriding / de hydriding in systems TiU-H and Mg-H;
- Obtaining the intermetallic compounds with large storage capacity based on depleted metallic uranium.
Contact: CSIII Mariea DEACONU; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org