INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL
Main research areas:
- Modernization of the instrumentation and control equipment (I&C) for Cernavoda NPP based on methodologies, guides and practices provided by the IAEA technical documents; implementation of the requirements imposed on the digital equipment I&C intended to replace the analogical type;
- Upgrading the equipment produced in previous years whose production and merchandising is no longer possible due to obsolescence or expiration of the competent authorities approval (BRML, CNCAN, Health Ministry);
- Development of integrated systems in the field of radioprotection and for the information presentation in the control room (technical offices) at the NPP;
- I&C equipment aging management for the NPP;
- Implementation of the CAD and CASE means and methods in the information design and integration;
- Development of radiation detectors.
Main research results:
- Design and manufacturing of equipment, instrumentation and control for Units 1 and 2 at Cernavoda NPP:
- Failed fuel location system (SLCD);
- Monitoring system for radioactivity in the heat transport system;
- Ionization chambers;
- Amplifiers for flux detectors;
- Dynamic compensation mode;
- Monitoring system for personnel and surfaces contamination.
- Design and manufacturing of instrumentation and control for the TRIGA research reactor;
- Design and manufacturing of the processing and collecting system for the meteorological data.
Contact: Ion PIRVU; e-mail: email@example.com