OUT of PILE TESTING (TAR)
The Out of Pile Testing Departments ensures:
- Equipement and technologies development for Cernavoda NPP ;
- Qualification testing of equipment and components for Cernavoda NPP ;
- Nuclear fuel testing for CANDU-type reactors and experimental nuclear fuel testing ;
- Technological support for Units 1 and 2 Cernavoda NPP ;
- Equipment design and development for Cernavoda NPP;
- Development of theoretical models and computer codes;
- Design, manufacturing and testing equipment and special nuclear devices for Cernavoda NPP; Inspections and evaluations after testing; Analysis of experimental data;
- New methods and technologies development for Cernavoda NPP; Service suppply.
Fuelling Machine (F/M) Testing Rig attains the working parameters similar to those from the CANDU nuclear reactor and it is designed to perform functional tests of components from the nuclear fuel handling system (F/M, F/M- RAM assembly, etc.) before installing them in the power plant.
- Two high pressure and temperature thermo-mechanical loops, with pressure tubes and end-fittings. The fuel channels are loaded with nuclear fuel bundles, shield plugs and closure channels.
- working fluid: demineralised water (pH = 9.5 ¸10.5)
- flow rate: ~ 23.5 kg/s
- pressure: ~ 110 bar
- temperature: ~ 310°C.
- valve station and oil power pack;
- bridge crane, carriage and catenary;
- control room and computer management system operating in MANUAL, SEMI-AUTOMATIC and AUTOMATIC regime
|F/M control room – partial view||F/M testing rig- partial view|
FUEL BUNDLE TESTING RIG (STEC), designed for nuclear fuel, subassemblies and components testing from CANDU 600 nuclear power plant.
The operating parameters (p, t, q) are similar to those from reactor.
The technological flexibility of the testing rig is due to two removable testing sections:
- ST1: 2133 mm length and 103.4 mm inner diameter;
- ST2: 6095 mm length and 103.4 mm inner diameter;
|The Fuel Bundle Testing Rig||Instrumented testing section – STEC|
Channel Closure Testing Rig (Stic) provides cold and hot testing of the closure plug for CANDU 600 fuel channels, in conditions similar to those from the reactor. The testing section complies with the geometry of CANDU 600 fuel channel fitting.
RAM ASSEMBLY MOBILE TESTING RIG (STCT) ensures the operating conditions and parameters for the F/M – RAM assembly functional test.
It is checked: the B ram in cyclic condition, wearing, water and oil leakages, motion speed of B and Z rams, in operating conditions similar to those from CANDU reactor operation.
The rig ensures testing both in the MANUAL and AUTOMATIC regime, with ON-LINE recording of the parameters.
STCT Control Panel
- Installations for testing and functional checks of components and installations, in controlled thermo-hydraulic regime (p, t, q);
- Equipment for loaded testing (static and dynamic) of the mechanical components – maximum loading of 20 tf;
- Special equipment for carrying out the adjustment, standard calibration and functional check-ups of the nuclear and non-nuclear components, equipment used also in the training process of the operator personnel:
- Electric F/M head simulator;
- MECHANICAL F/M head simulator;
- Digital simulator of PC operation for F/M tests;
- Special tools and devices for F/M - Handling Fuel System;
|F/M Head MECHANICAL simulator||Closure plug installing device|
- Facility for preparing the chemically treated demineralized water, as working environment in the thermomechanical loops of the STEC, STIC, F/M, STCT-F/M;
Demineralised water processing station
- Independent system for instrumental air processing.
New equipment resulted from research and development activities and technological engineering
- Experimental technological facility for restoring the thermal insulation damaged through accelerated ageing at the coiled pipes assemblies of the Failed Fuel Location System (SLCD) moderator tank, during power plant shutdown conditions.
- Technological facilities for non-destructive evaluation of the ageing of the power cables.
- Experimental facility required to elaborate of the ice plugging isolation techniques of the horizontal pipes corssed by working fluid passing.
- Technological facilities required for the studying (modelling) of the pressure tube – garter springs – calandria tube coupling degradation mechanisms.
- Technological facilities need for development of techniques for the steam generator tube inner surface profilometric control in the mechanical rolled area.