LABORATORY FOR CHARACTERIZATION OF SPENT NUCLEAR FUEL AND RADIOACTIVE WASTE – LABORAD
LABORAD ensures the development and certification of methods of radionuclide characterization of high and medium active waste for interim storage or final storage.
- Radionuclide characterization through gamma spectrometry of radioactive casks using ISOTOPIC computer code;
- Determination of gamma emitting radionuclides activity in spent nuclear fuel;
- Determination of U, Pu and I in the samples containing actinides through alpha spectrometry;
- Determination of uranium isotopic composition through mass spectrometry;
- Determination of lanthanides inventory using high performance liquid chromatography.
- The Laboratory is notified by CNCAN through the NOTIFICATION LI-VP02/2011.
Experimental facilities and equipment
- High-performance liquid chromatograph (HPLC) WATERS with UV-VIS detector for 2 wavelengths and anions detector;
- Alpha Spectrometer ORTEC 576A with 2 measuring chambers with detectors type TR-021-300-100 with a guaranteed resolution of 21keV;
- Alpha-beta spectrometer global type MPC-2000 DP-Proteon Instrument Corporation;
- Laboratory gamma spectrometer;
- Spectrometric system for characterizing through gamma spectrometry of solid radioactive waste;
- Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry (TIMS) Finnigan MAT261 type.