TESTING LABORATORY FOR THE RADIOLOGICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF RADIOACTIVE WASTE AND NUCLEAR MATERIALS - CROWN
Testing Laboratory for the Radiological Characterization of Radioactive Waste and Nuclear Materials (CROWN)
supplies services for the radiological characterization of materials resulting from authorized nuclear practices, in order to release them from the licensing regime or to classify them as radioactive waste.
The areas covered are decommissioning nuclear facilities, treating and conditioning radioactive waste and characterization and radioecological restoration of contaminated areas, the potential beneficiaries being the licensees in accordance with the provisions of Law no.111/1996 and the rules applicable and other business entities or public authorities.
The laboratory is part of the Radiation protection laboratory which is notified by CNCAN.
- The quality assurance system is structured based on the requirements of SR EN ISO CEI 17025:2005 standard.
- The technical procedures are drafted in accordance with the recommendations of national and international applicable standards.
- The laboratory owns and uses certified reference materials for internal review of measurement methods performance.
- The laboratory systematically takes part in inter-comparisons and performance tests organized by IAEA or other national and international organizations.
- Characterization of materials resulted from authorized nuclear activities, in order to release them from the authorization regime or for classifying them as radioactive waste;
- Radiological studies for characterizing some radioactively contaminated sites.