REACTORS PHYSICS, FUEL PERFORMANCES AND NUCLEAR SAFETY
- To maintain and develop technical support capacities for Cernavoda's NPP safe lifetime operation;
- Lead cooled reactors knowledge, competencies and expertise development to generate contributions on the GEN IV reactors development, particularly on the ALFRED project;
- To provide technical support for the safe operation of the TRIGA reactors.
- Reactor physics and Thermo-hydraulic analysis;
- Computational methods and computer code development;
- Nuclear safety analyses;
- Reactor physics instrumentation and experiments;
- Nuclear fuel design, optimization and behavior modeling;
- Fuel and materials tests design and experimental data evaluation.
- Reference neutron spectrum devices in thermal and intermediate energy range (on going certification as calibrating neutron flux density unit);
- Graphite prism with neutron sources for low flux experiments and measurements;
- High resolution gamma spectrometry.
- Physics and thermo-hydraulic studies related to advanced reactors and advanced fuel cycles;
- Adaptation and development of reactor physics computer programs;
- Methods for acquisition and processing of reactor physics neutron data;
- Probabilistic safety assessments including component ageing effects;
- Safety assessments for the near-surface radioactive waste storage sites;
- Advanced Fuel design (design optimization and design evaluation).
Contact: Dr. Csaba ROTH; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org