NUCLEAR MATERIALS AND CORROSION
- Preserving and developing the capacity of providing the technical - scientifical support for the safe operation of Cernavoda NPP during lifetime operation;
- Out of pile studies of nuclear materials behavior during normal, abnormal and severe accident conditions;
- Technologies development for experimental fuel elements fabrication & advanced nuclear fuels manufacturing.
- Corrosion behavior of metallic materials from CANDU Primary and Secondary Circuits;
- Corrosion behavior of advanced materials for GIV Reactors;
- Microbiological corrosion in NPP;
- Mechanical behaviour, microstructural analyses and degradation mechanisms for the structural components from CANDU Fuel Channel;
- Thermo-mechanical behavior of metallic and ceramic materials under different states of stress and environmental conditions;
- Manufacturing of UO2 sintered power and pellets;
- Equipments for obtaining metallic powder;
- Small scale equipment for UO2 sinterable powder manufacturing;
- Sintering furnaces and furnace for controlled hydriding;
- Isostatic press and hydraulic presses for UO2 sinterable powder pressing;
- System for mechanical testing and creep machine;
- Centerless grinding machine;
- End cap-sheaths and end cap-end plate welding machine;
- Static autoclaves and corrosion testing loop.
- Hydrogen-Oxygen Analyzer;
- Metallographic Microscopes;
- Scanning Electron Microscopes;
- Granulometer HORIBA LA 950;
- Plasma mass spectrometer;
- Thermal analyzer SETSYS Evolution 24.
- Analysis and diagnosis of degraded components from NPP Cernavoda;
- Experimental database concerning the corrosion of structural materials for the primary and secondary circuit;
- Manufacturing experimental instrumented fuel elements irradiated in ICN TRIGA Reactor;
- Manufacturing the experimental model of the advanced fuel bundle;
- Procedure for out of pile low cycle fatigue testing of Zircaly-4 sheaths;
- Performance assessment of the site proposed for low and intermediate waste disposal.
Contact: Dr. Dumitra LUCAN; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org